Breast Lumpectomy Surgery
Note: There is no audio to accompany this video
PEAK Surgical has developed a family of disposable surgical cutting and coagulation tools ideal for breast lumpectomy surgery. PlasmaBlade offers the technology needed for a variety of procedures:
- The PlasmaBlade, which is designed to be used to cut through all types of soft tissue, including skin, fat and muscle.
- The PlasmaBlade Needle, which has a fine needlepoint tip, is specifically designed for use in ultra-precise surgical procedures and on very delicate skin.
- The PlasmaBlade EXT is designed for use in node dissection & surgical procedures requiring an extended tip to reach deep into the body, such as to create a pocket to place an implant in breast reconstruction surgery or to work under a large tissue flap.
The PlasmaBlade provides breast lumpectomy surgeons with a device that offers:
- The precision of a traditional scalpel;
- The bleeding control of traditional electrosurgery technology;
- Minimized thermal damage;
- The ability to quickly and easily cut through all types of soft tissue, including skin, fat and muscle;
- The ability to operate in a wet or dry surgical field.